We are currently recruiting for an experienced Digital Print Operator to work from our premises in Lincoln.
The primary purpose of this role is to maximise the efficiency of the digital presses ensuring quality standards are maintained whilst adhering to health and safety regulations. You will be working with a demanding team in a busy department.
Experience of print processes is essential.
- Operating digital colour and mono presses (Ricoh, Konica Minolta, Canon)
- Colour matching
- Troubleshooting press issues, jams and associated print issues
- Maximising machine efficiency to produce consistently high output and quality
- Assisting with guillotining, lamination, and adhoc finishing requirement
- Flexible and pro-active approach
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently, flexibly and with a high degree of initiative
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Adaptive and flexible to shift changes (with prior notice given)
- Communicating with other production departments, the production controller and customer services with regards to quality and scheduling of work.
- Monitoring and reporting of repairs and maintenance to relevant
- Ensuring individual jobs meet the required specification as per job instructions
- Conform with company ISO 9001 quality standards and ISO 14001 environmental standards
- Maximising departmental efficiency by producing jobs in the most cost effective way with the minimum of wastage
- Health and Safety as per company and departmental procedures
- The safe handling and storage of chemicals (COSHH)
- The stock control and ordering of all digital room consumables and materials
- Develop personal skills and capability through on-going training, as provided by the company or external providers
This position requires a degree of responsibility, and it will carry the authority to ensure that work is carried out in full. You will set a good example to all other members of staff. You will also be required to uphold, safeguard, and promote the company’s vision, values and beliefs relating particularly to ethics, integrity, environmental and social responsibilities.
Good organisational and time management skills are essential. You will need to be able to improvise and think on your feet, and to resolve problems under your own initiative. Excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly express to others what is expected of them are also a necessity and you must be assertive, whilst maintaining a good relationship with staff and customers.
You will need to have the ability to develop and instigate good working practices, and have a structured approach to working, together with being able to set and follow a routine. Time management is critical as is the ability to prioritise work.
Specific job skills required
- Manage your own and assist with colleague workloads
- Work with other departmental overseers
- The ability to make decisions based on cost, quality and effectiveness
Why join Ruddocks?
We are an award winning integrated design and print agency. Delivering creative solutions since 1884. Specialising in brand, bespoke print, digital and distribution for many of the UK’s leading brands including The Scout Association, British Canoeing, NHS England, Greencore and the University of Lincoln.
People are at the heart of our family run business so you will be an integral part of a passionate and friendly team where every person has a voice. Everyone is hardworking, continually pushing to create outstanding work and in turn we constantly invest, develop and reward our team.
We were one of the first organisations to sign up to the City of Lincoln Council's social responsibility charter which recognises local employers who do the best by their staff and the wider community. We value and reward the contribution of our team and that is why our current average length of employment is well over 10 years.
- The job will be a salaried position, based on a standard 37.5 hour week
- Hours of work will be a 7.5 hour working day between the hours of 6.30am and 9.30pm and open to negotiation
- 26 days holiday per year (half a day per week worked) + Bank Holidays
- Any overtime will be paid at a standard time and a half rate
- Company Pension Scheme
If you would like to be considered for the role then please submit your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com.
Applications close at 5pm Friday 6th August.